Sep 09 Choosing a Paving Contractor
How to Choose a Paving Contractor for Paving Parking Lots
Choosing a contractor to pave a parking lot is about more than just price. Here are some questions you should ask potential paving contractors when choosing the one that’s right for you.
1. How long have you been a paving contractor or paving business?
It’s important to know how long they’ve been in business because reputation matters. If a company has been in the industry for many years, they likely know what they are doing and are keeping their customers happy.
2. Are there any hidden fees with any portion of the work that’ll be done?
Always ask this question and make them say outright if there will be any additions at any point during the project.
3. Will you subcontract the work out without my consent?
Subcontracting the work out – especially without your input – should throw up a huge red flag.
4. Will the project pose any unique challenges?
Some forethought goes a long way for any project and you will be aware of any bumps that might be encountered along the way.
5. What are your credentials?
Always ask for previous work experience and have them give you a few references you can get in touch with.
6. Are you accredited by the Better Business Bureau?
There are two reasons you should ask this. The first is that it obviously adds credibility, the second is that you can actually go to the BBB’s website and read any complaints about the company. We highly recommend doing this with any installation service. It’s worth taking a few minutes to read about your options.
7. Is asphalt or concrete the best for my parking lot?
You shouldn’t have to answer this! A good paving contractor will know once they see the property. Let them decide, or better yet, Get in Touch with JK Meurer and we’d be happy to discuss your options.